Looking for something unique to do with family and friends this summer? Look no farther! The Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek is comprised of a permanent collection of 8 historic structures which once stood in different areas of Osceola County. While walking through the Pioneer Village, you’ll feel as though you are taking a stroll back in time. Here is a list of the top 5 reasons you should come visit.
Here is a list of the top 5 reasons you should come visit the Pioneer Village this summer!
- Kissimmee is known for its tourism and with that said, prices for tickets to attractions can add up. The Pioneer Village provides a unique and educational experience at an affordable price. General Admission for adults is $7.00 and $3.00 for children (4-12 years old). Our hours of operation are from 10AM- 4PM and we are open 7 days a week, which makes planning a trip to come visit our location a little easier
- Fresh Air! Being able to walk the grounds at your own pace with the kids gives you the option to stop at each historical structure, explore and learn more about the early ways of living in Osceola County, and allows the kids to be outside.
- There is a playground located on the premises so pack a lunch and bring the kids for a picnic at the Pioneer Village!
- History is such an important part of education. At the Pioneer Village you are able to learn more about the families that lived in the houses, the way they lived day to day, and how they provided for themselves. You can also walk through our Seminole Village to learn more about the Seminole and Miccosukee Indians.
- Whether you are a Summer Camp Program, Daycare, or Youth Group looking for new field trip ideas, the Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek is a great location. We offer different field trip options so you can choose between self-guided tours or an interactive Living History Pioneer Village & History Museum Tour. Field Trips are available Thursdays and Fridays. If you are interested in bringing your group, please fill out the group inquiry form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for a facility with rustic charm, natural surroundings, and a historic background? The Pioneer Village Pavilion is just the spot. The maximum capacity of the pavilion is 150 people.
- The building is screened in and has ceiling fans for added comfort. Tables and chairs are provided and there are no catering restrictions. For more information on the rental of the Pioneer Village Pavilion call 407-396-8644 or visit http://osceolahistory.org/