In July 1908, W.B. Tally was hired to design a building, to be called Fraternity Hall. The Masons and Pythians long felt the need for a meeting place for their organizations, one which would be large enough to accommodate their groups. The site of the old saloon next to S.C.G. Hardware Company was secured and W.B. Tally was hired as the architect.
The two organizations committed to raising $10,000 for construction of a three-story structure; the first floor to be used for a store, the second as an opera house and the third to be used exclusively for lodging. The plan of incorporation was to issue stock in shares of $25 each, to be sold to members only. By October 16, 1908, the cornerstone was laid by the Grand Lodge of Masons, General Albert W. Gilchrist.
Fraternity Hall became the meeting place for numerous other organizations throughout the ensuing years and by 1924, seven organizations were listed in the city directory who met at Fraternity Hall. Fraternity Hall stood at 10 N. Stewart Avenue, where the Kissimmee Police Department now sits. It is unknown how long the building was there or when it may have been torn down.
Photo Courtesy: Michael D. Bast Postcard Collection
Sources: Kissimmee Valley Gazette Newspaper