In July 1908, W.B. Tally was hired to design a building, to be called Fraternity Hall. The Masons and Pythians long felt the need for a meeting place for their organizations, one which would be large enough to accommodate their groups. The site of the old saloon next to S.C.G. Hardware Company was secured and W.B. Tally was hired as the architect.