Celebrate Osceola County's first residents and the pioneering spirit of the late 19th century during the 27th Annual Pioneer Day. Here are some reasons why you won't want to miss this event, 27 reasons to be exact!
Topics: 27th Annual Pioneer Day, Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek, Osceola County Historical Society, Outdoor Event, Fall Festival, History, Free Admission, Big John's Rockin' BBQ, Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures
Fashion seems to be a revolving door. A particular “fad” may be popular for a time, but will surely be replaced by another. However, that fad will probably find its way back into popularity a few decades later. One aspect that never seems to go out of style, is the attention to detail. Adding specific elements to a garment can give it an extra flair, or make a relatively bland piece look extraordinary.
Topics: Fashion Rewind Temporary Exhibit, Osceola County Welcome Center and HIstory Museum, Fashion, History, Free Admission, Fashion Rewind Opening Reception, Osceola County Historical Society, Artifact Spotlight
1. Learn the History! Osceola County is full of rich history. Pioneer Day allows residents and visitors to better understand the Pioneer families and what life in the 1800s would have been like without air conditioning and cell phones.
2. Help us celebrate our anniversary. This year we will celebrate the 26th Annual Pioneer Day.
3. Save on admission with this great FREE event! That’s right, we are offering free admission to the Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek. Saturday, November 11th from 10AM to 4PM. FREE ADMISSION AND FREE PARKING!!
Most hear the phrase "marching band" and automatically associate it with high schools. However, the roots of marching bands are actually in military bands. Even today, high school marching bands bear a strong resemblance to the military bands of the past with their brightly colored uniforms and the plumes in their hats. Another contributing factor to high school bands is local town bands. Towns often had bands with musicians of varying ages. When the popularity of such bands began to dwindle, many of the younger participants could consider joining a school band.
TGIF - Thank Goodness It's Friday; isn't that the saying that normally comes to mind at the end of your work or school week? You may find yourself wondering, "How should I start my weekend off right?" I have just the answer for you. Kissimmee Utility Authority and the City of Kissimmee have partnered together to host Movie in the Park, a free event at the Kissimmee Lakefront Park that you don't want to miss!
1. Learn the History! Osceola County is full of rich history. Pioneer Days allows residents and visitors to better understand the Pioneer families and what life in the 1800s would have been like without air conditioning and cell phones.
2. Help us celebrate our anniversary. Pioneer Day is actually TWO days this year!! We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary with a special TWO day event.
3. Save on admission with this great FREE event! That’s right, we are offering free admission to the Pioneer Village. Friday and Saturday, November 11th and 12th from 10AM to 4PM. FREE ADMISSION AND FREE PARKING!!