Established in 1884, Narcoossee became a colony comprised of English immigrants. They began to meet for worship services regularly by 1887, sometimes gathering in homes; when weather was pleasant, they would meet outdoors. Soon, consideration was given to building an Episcopal church in Narcoossee and fundraising efforts began. Some funds for the completion of the church in 1897 did come from England, but the majority of money was raised locally.
Rumors circulated over the years claiming that the wood & furnishings were sent over from England. Records show the lumber for the construction of the church and the roof shakes (shingles) came from the Fell-Davidson sawmill in Narcoossee, the bell (from a factory in Ohio) was previously used at the Runnymede Hotel and the Gothic style church was designed by an Orlando architect.